Thursday, November 3, 2005

Requiem for a dream

a half wept tear
a silent wail
sorrow in voice
and tremor in stride
when all turns to dust
and all is washed away
the cause is lost
and so are feelings
trivial seems love
and loath rules
when darkness is effervescent
and soul drowns deep
let me sing then
requiem for a dream

there was peace
there was hope
there was love and
there was accord
the days were beautiful
the nights were starry
the wind that blew
was cool and soothing
I could see
the moon over the hillock
i could see
the sun rise from the east
there was gloom
but it was like clouds
and you were
the wind beneath my wings
i could soar high
or so I dreamed
but all that seems distant
and I am frail
am beaten and bruised
I cannot see the horizon
and fate makes me disconsolate

I still trudge along
still seek solace
but there is no hope now
just a morbid essence
of what could have been
the dream was just a dream maybe
and as i breath my last
I want to see for once
all I desired come true
but that is not to be
but that is not to be
but that is not to be

--
"Reality continues to ruin my life."
~Calvin

No comments: