Thursday, October 27, 2005

Gettting over people

I have this almost suffocating fixation with a character, and the funniest part is that he is not even from my life. I call him a character, but he is a living human, who has blessed the mother earth with his presence for quite a reasonable time. This character haunted me, questioned me, allured me to the dark side of me, but never has he let me be in peace.
The question I ask myself is "How do I kill this son of a gun" how do I make him go away, how do I exorcise his ghost? But the answers are not forthcoming.
Well today of all days, I really am not keen about wasting my time writing about him, but he catches me unawares and asks me to write about him. All I share with this guy is one common link, one common link can be devastating enough to give you sleepless nights (well no one can do that to me, cause I sleep like a log), but he has given me everything short of that.
So here I write an Obituary, I am not sure if this is right, if I am even supposed to do that, but I have to kill this guy man.
Or do I have to kill myself :-)

So here it goes...........................

Indians are the keenest of lot when it comes to celebrating a loser.
Once in a while, there comes along a loser who is all encompassing in his celebration of being a loser. Today I celebrate the loss of one such loser. The guy who believed that he had guts to say "Balls to the world", but didn't have the balls to actually do it. Our eternal hero died a thousand deaths before the final one. Each one of his death taught him something new about himself, they taught him lessons of tolerance, how to deal with humiliation, how to accept that one is a loser, how to live life meek size, how to celebrate mediocrity, how to be all accepting, how to be objective, how to sell ones soul for cheap.
He also learnt how to treat people badly, but since he couldn't go the full way he left them with mixed feelings and some of them do sympathize with the loss.
to sum it all up, I would quote from Ghalib

Kahoon kis se main ki kya hai
Shabe gham buri bala hai
mujhe kya bura tha marna
agar ek baar hota

Finally he achieved what he most longed for, perfect oblivion, perfect solitude.




--
"Poetry is not turning lose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it is not the expression of personality but an escape from personality.
But, of course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want to escape from these things."
-T.S.Eliot

No comments: