Thursday, July 29, 2004

Innocence

I am no more innocent
but I still recall the child I was..

when I stared into the eyes of demon
and let him crumble me
me a passive entity
just trying to break free

I don't remember when I last smiled
but yes, wept I remember
every time it happened
if not my eyes
then the soul within

I was so fragile
and he trampled me
over and over
naive I was
thought it to be my fate

why was it me
I don't have the answer
but I still remember
the guilt, the fear
the restlessness
the darkness
the hopelessness

the shadows still haunt me
and will for time to come
I am and will always be fighting
the demon that lies within
to lay to rest the ghosts of past.................

I am no more innocent
but still recall the child I was.......................

I lost my innocence
but am I to blame
if I play the same game
with demons whom I know......................

No comments: