Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tamso' ma jyotir gamaya

A faint knock on the door again
reminiscent of old demons
old dilemmas that die hard
enticing me to the unknown, once again
uncharted terrain
with entrapment for life
trying to re-define, re-invent
what all take for granted
why does it beckon me
to trace my own course
through the ruins of time
the hurt felt over loss
the turmoil of unknown future
the anguish over past
and yet I keep hearing the knock
as if it is my destiny
to set course for a voyage
to where, I know not
to what end, I contemplate not
perhaps to get lost in eternity
perhaps to reach the promised land
perhaps to define my existence
perhaps to throw it all off

I open the door in darkness
and walk out to face my fears
may I be lead to light
tamso' ma jyotir gamaya
tamso' ma jyotir gamaya

--
~asto' ma sat gamaya

No comments: