Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Winter is setting in

did you see the leaves fall
the clutter on the roads
all the shades of brown and yellow

the winter would be long this year

I don't dread the cold
nor do I fear the depressing mornings
brooding afternoons are welcome
as are restless evenings
but there is no spring in offing
no promise of summer as far as i can see

the winter would be long this time around

the chill is setting in my bones
my heart has gone all but cold
some times there is a flutter at the core
but thaw is no more in sight
the clots are beginning to form
the hurt oozes out of wounds still
each passing day is endearing
each morbid thought welcome
the hush after the rush
the summer that lasted a bit too long

the winter promises to last a long time too

4 comments:

Roopali said...

Winter... is the time for warmth,time for hugs,time for hot chocolate,time to enjoy the sunshine....time to cheer life.. and all you can see is falling leaves ... when would you get out of this morbidity? :)

Zyborg said...

I guess I love being morbid, it makes me feel like myself :-)

Phoenix said...

Like the summer was beautiful in hindsight, the winter too would be wonderful..n pretty. Hope it lasts long.

Zyborg said...

perhaps you are right pheonix,
but the pain is settling in my bones
each days seems like a drag
I guess this will pass too, but it would take a hell lot of an effort :-)