Thursday, September 1, 2005

Wail of Humanity

Wrote these a long long time ago, was going through some papers when I chanced apon these, so thought of posting them too :-)

Life was never so full
Full of enthusiasm
And sadness at the same time
Enthusiasm for what is un-conquered
The virgin territory waiting for me
All the heights I have to rise to
And saddened I am
When I see
All the blunders committed by me
All the bloodshed, all the tears
All the hypocrisy
To name some few
And I feel no right to call
Myself Humanity
'cause my past has been
anything but humane
and standing where I am today
I strongly fee and urge to end it all
But my impulses betray me
And urge me to carry on
'cause I am supposed to be optimist
'cause tomorrow might be the day
I have been looking for
For thousands of battered years.

No comments: