Tuesday, August 23, 2005

answers ???

One of the first book, of any literary quality that I read was Maxim Gorky's my apprenticeships and my universities (please forgive me if you find the title incorrect, I remember just that just now). That was an awesome book, it depicted day to day life in a troubled time, time of upheaval, time of revolution, revolution that changed the world forever.  The simplicity of narration and the visual detail with which day to day life is depicted makes it a masterpiece. I now have to read his "mother", his most celebrated work to date.

I have been in quite a turmoil lately. And it has not stopped, finally I had thought that I would rest it to peace, but again it has surfaced and made me feel irritated at myself. I think maxim gorky dealt with this turmoil by living life a very normal way, never expecting anything out of life. And I feel that is the best way to go about it. The solution is not to have any expectations of any sort from life, which you have.

To be a saint,

In your own way.

--
The allure of Solitude lies in it being perennial

No comments: