Sunday, December 23, 2007

Taare Zameen Par

If you are going to watch just one Hindi movie this year, let this be your choice and trust me you won't come out disappointed. A Brilliant film, that put all my apprehensions about Amir Khan's directorial debut to rest from the very first frame, and it never ever slipped, not even once.
Mera to saara childhood hi revise ho gaya. I was absolutely high strung after watching the movie and still am after having slept over it. It is not a sad film, it is an overwhelming experience.
It was amazing to watch what I have always believed in, being played on screen,
and all I could do was wish that a character like Nikumbh Sir would have been part of my life.
Each and every moment in the movie is worth cherishing. the antics of eshaan, his insecurities his fears. This is not a film about dyslexia, This is a movie about childhood and all the fantastic voyages we all took back then.
If you want to know just how vulnerable a child can get, get off your ass and go watch this movie.

And the music is simply superb. I know I am running out of superlatives, but this movie deserves that.

No comments: