Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Crazy dream

In a strange land, where time moves is circles
they rear them everyday, everyday is the same
animals, some you have seen, some unseen
humans, some you know of, some you don't
with dawn they are all born,
and vanish with dusk
each one is an incarnation of truth
lost long ago someplace
 
as the day progresses
you see the safari as never seen before
animals don't know their character
beasts are docile, bovines are aggressive
in a world gone Topsy-turvy
rhinoceros are playful of all
they let you bathe them, they let you be close
all humans have plastic smiles
I recognize a few faces here
but most of them don't register
 
It feels I have woken up from deep slumber
for i think something is wrong
as the evening approaches
all are ushered into big bath chambers
where they are washed away 
i see the man opposite me
scars appear on his face
his face starts to melt
his legs give way
but he doesn't feel the pain
he is a lump of mass now
but i can still make out the hint of a grin
 
now it is my turn
and I am not too sure
i feel my skin splitting open
but there is no pain
I rejoice in the pouring liquid
and forget everything about the day
days are the same here
and it is an eternity we have lived
 
but now i question it
why, i am not sure
I think i remember yesterday
i think i remember the time going in circles
i think i understand what is happening
i think i have seen the pattern
I pat the rhino again
steer clear from the bovines
i stand on the same balcony
overlooking the mayhem below
i feel the discontent rising in me
i feel it has to end
 
come evening and the same ritual ensues
humans first take all the animals to wash
and then line up for the ritual bath
I am not too keen this time around
and i desecrate the age old wisdom of the land
i somehow keep away
and watch as others get lost
i feel my skin getting stretched and parched
 
 
I see some folks now
they bring me a liquid to apply
i put it on my body and am as good as new
they take me with them to a different land
and let me wander there
 
this land is a bit different
the time still goes in circles
but this time people persist
they are so many of them here
all alike, all image of one another
they walk as the sun goes up
they all seem happy
i see familiar faces now
I think i remember these faces
from a different life time
I walk along with them
but something is still wrong
none of them knows, why they are here
they say they are going for a ritual wash
this time they don't melt
with eyes glazed they come out
and meet me for the first time again
 
time goes round in circles here too
and I have to look for a way out.


--
Allure of solitude lies in it being perennial
http://ankitbchhibber.googlepages.com/home

No comments: